COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus.
As an agency we already have high levels of cleanliness and hygiene however we want to ensure that the safety and well-being of our visitors, volunteers and staff.
If you are planning on visiting The Zone we kindly ask that you do not attend if you:
- have been in contact with someone confirmed as having the virus,
- have recently returned from an affected country,
- have a high temperature,
- have a new continuous cough
Those that do come to The Zone, we ask that you wash your hands in the bathrooms and/ or use the hand sanitiser on arrival in the reception area.
You can find the latest guidance here.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds: These videos show how you should wash your hands correctly:
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital if you have symptoms
Information on this page has been taken from the NHS website (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/) and Gov.uk ( https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response ) and was updated 12/03/2020.